You read right: creamy shrimp pasta! I had it for dinner (as you can tell by the dark pictures), it’s easy, quick and you will want to eat it all in one sitting!
There isn’t really much to say about this pasta recipe. Seriously, I can’t come up with anything else other than mmmmmmm. I mean it’s shrimp and it’s creamy. And it’s pasta. Put some basil in it and I will marry you. Did you hear me pasta?
You see, I didn’t use white wine to make the sauce. I didn’t use butter. I used cream cheese and milk and I feel good about it. I’m a simple person, who doesn’t know how to not overuse butter or make it work with white wine. We cool? I’m so not butchering anything Italian right now.
Also I used small (or maybe medium) shells here, but feel free to use any pasta you want. I did not overdo it with the shrimp, because I’m stingy. If you want to – add more shrimp. But it has a lot of cholesterol, just FIY.
What a pep talk. Now, to the recipe!
Spicy and creamy shrimp pasta recipe with garlic and spinach – you’ll appreciate this easy recipe for dinner!
- 8oz pasta
- 3-4oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3-4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- handful basil leaves
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta according to instructions on the package, don’t forget to add some salt. Once done drain the fluid. I used small shells in this recipe.
- While your pasta is cooking prepare the rest of the ingredients – wash and chop the spinach, wash the shrimp, chop the basil leaves and tomato (if using fresh tomato), peel garlic.
- In a large pan, at medium high heat add 1 tbsp olive oil, shrimp, spinach and 1 garlic clove, stir together for 1-2 minutes. Add lemon juice.
- Add the milk and the cream cheese, stir until the cream cheese and the milk are combined. Let it all cook to thicken for 1 minute.
- Add in the cooked and drained pasta, stirring it in to cover with the sauce.
- Add the basil, tomato, 1 tbsp olive oil and the other garlic clove, stir in.
- Turn the heat off, top with the shredded mozzarella cheese and let it melt. Stir in, have a taste and add salt and pepper to taste. I did need to add a little more salt to this pasta than usually, but it may vary.
- Serve and optionally top with parmesan cheese.
Try Also: Creamy Cheese Tortellini with Spinach