OMG. Yes, I said it and I mean it: this is the best CREAMY TORTELLINI RECIPE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. You could use any pasta for this, gnocchi too, but cheese-filled tortellini will just make your heart melt with love, joy, happiness, fulfilment. Add some Parmesan on top of all that and call it a day.
It’s a well known fact that this recipe has about seven million calories and each one one of those little suckers is totally, TOTALLY, worth it. Even if I have to do 3 HIIT workouts a day for the next 3 years to burn this off, it’s still so worth it. Plus I’m lying. It doesn’t have SEVEN million calories, I’m rounding up. Plus I’m too lazy to actually calculate and know something like this.
All I know is, whatever you’re going through right now, this creamy tortellini recipe can fix it. It will whisper good things in your ear, it will cheer you up, it will sing and it will melt in your mouth. You would want to make this every day for the rest of your life. And I’m telling you this, because this is what I’ve been doing since 4 weeks. Then I run out of tortellini and I cry in the closet, because dignity.
Okay, now let’s get to the point. Did I mention I made this with sour cream? If you’re not using sour cream in your pasta, what are you doing with your life, really? Get it together, buy some sour cream and make this. But then again, you could probably use cream cheese instead.
This is so so cheesy. Like there’s cheese everywhere: inside the tortellini, around the tortellini, on top of the tortellini. Poor tortellini. (but happy me)
To make yourself feel better about your food choices, you’ll add spinach, parsley (or basil) garlic, a scallion and a small tomato. That’s 5 different vegetables right there. Look at you.
Easy and creamy pasta recipe that will melt your heart! Filled with spinach, garlic and cheese, this vegetarian tortellini recipe is warm, delicious and so incredibly creamy! Perfect for dinner.
- 15oz/ 400g cheese tortellini, refrigerated
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1 1/2 cup baby spinach, fresh
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley/basil, chopped
- Parmesan cheese
- black pepper, freshly ground
- salt to taste
- Cook tortellini according to the package OR to use just one huge pan for everything: cover the surface of a large, deep pan with the 1 tbsp olive oil, add the tortellini and at medium-high, stir for 30seconds to a minute, mine turned golden-brown. Then, to calm that fire – add in the milk, stir and cook for a minute.
- Add the sour cream, reduce the heat a little bit and stir for around 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in all the vegetables – garlic, scallions, tomato, spinach, parsley. Grind black pepper.
- Lastly add in the grated mozzarella cheese, so the sauce thickens up some more and stir well. Have a taste and if needed – add salt and pepper. I add A LOT of pepper to this recipe.
- Take off heat, serve immediately and top with Parmesan cheese – makes it even better.