I made pumpkin pancakes! And they’re not just any kind of pancakes – they’re healthy pumpkin oat pancakes that are flourless, tasty and pretty amazing! Make them gluten free by using gluten free oats, also top with honey or maple syrup for an easy healthy breakfast.
Flourless Pumpkin Oat Pancakes
I made these pancakes toddler-friendly. If it was just me, I would’ve added a few chunks of pecans of walnuts, maybe even almonds. But I wanted to try to give these to my picky toddler…
Truth is, he didn’t even try them. He had fallen asleep and so I was stuck there in the kitchen staring at a stack of small, flourless pumpkin pancakes.
I ate them right then and there. Absolutely, no regrets, even though I felt like I left my child fall asleep hungry. But he needs to learn early on: you snooze and you lose. #momoftheyear
Okay, I’m not a monster, I did make my boy an actual meal after his nap. Basically, no idea whether these pancakes are toddler approved…but they’re definitely mom approved.
How To Make Healthy Pumpkin Oat Pancakes
To make the batter for these pancakes you’ll need a food processor or a hand blender. The flour here will be the oats (like in all of my other pancake recipes!), the honey will replace the sugar and everything else will be the same. Probably.
- Put all ingredients in bowl and process with a hand blender or use a food processor to make the batter
- Heat a large non-stick pan and grease it with coconut oil.
- Using a spoon or a small ladle form small (palm-sized) pancakes
- Cook at low temperature until bubbles appear, flip and cook until golden-brown on the other side too
- Put on a plate and serve immediately with your favorite toppings!
Important! Cooking the pancakes at low temperature – these can burn fast (or at least they’ll look like they’re burned) if you cook them at high or medium-high. I recommend low / low-medium temperature and covering with a lid to cook evenly.
You can enjoy this recipe like this or use it to make a super delicious pumpkin pancake cake (so easy and good)!
These healthy pumpkin oat pancakes are a delicious healthy fall breakfast!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (just pumpkin!)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp honey
- coconut oil for cooking
- Blend all the ingredients, except the coconut oil in your food processor or in a bowl using your hand blender. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- On the stovetop at medium-low temperature preheat a non-stick pan, and cover its surface with coconut oil.
- Pour the pancake mixture, forming small, palm-sized pancakes and cook at the low temperature until the edges look cooked and bubbles come up.
- Flip and cook on the other side as well. Repeat for all the pancakes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings – I recommend honey and some chopped nuts!
It’s important to cook the pancakes at low temperature, so that they don’t burn (or look burned!). Covering the pan with a lid before flipping can help them cook all the way through if the consistency isn’t right for you, but I didn’t do it here and they stayed moist, which I liked.
I hope you enjoy these flourless pumpkin pancakes! Let me know if you have questions or if you made them leave me a comment on Pinterest or Instagram – I’d love to know how this recipe turns out for you!
You Might Also Like: