This 10-minute healthy macaroni with chicken is made with rotisserie chicken for convenience, fresh tomatoes, dill and mozzarella. It’s made in one pan and is perfect for lunch and dinner, and even my picky eating toddler devoured it!
I know I talk about my child a lot here, but if you saw his face and heard the noise he was making while he was eating this, you’d probably melt and be telling me about it too. It’s the cutest thing, when he goes “Mmmmmm” and rubs his belly. And he’s not cute just because I’m his mom and have to say it, he’s the cutest thing ever.
And it’s even cuter, because he hasn’t always been crazy about the food I made him. When he was younger he’d often pretend he’s vomiting when I’d give him an omelette or, God forbid, rice.
But he did love the fatty lasagna we get from the Italian nearby. Like it’s so special and not at all disgusting and cheesy and buttery and delicious. I’m not bitter. You’re bitter.
So this is my attempt to compete with the greasy lasagna. And honestly, I think I won. This is so delicious, so much flavor, super easy to make, quick, not that fat and actually healthy!
Macaroni With Chicken Ingredients
Macaroni. You can honestly use any type of quick cooking pasta here, but I used macaroni that cooks in 3 minutes and we were all happy about it. You can make this as healthy as you want, by now I’ve even seen cauliflower pasta.
Chicken. We used rotisserie chicken, specifically the meat of the chicken thighs.
Mozzarella. Or add any type of cheese you want. Cheese in pasta, if you ask me is very necessary.
Dill. Some dill freshens the whole thing up. I love dill, and surprisingly everyone else loved it in this meal as well. If you definitely do not like dill – use basil or parsley. I’d go for basil as my second choice here.
Garlic. Because of all the health benefits and because what’s pasta, ahem dinner, without garlic?
Tomatoes. I used fresh tomatoes to make the sauce and I find it has a very different, sweeter, flavor than cooked/canned tomatoes in dishes like this.
How To Make Healthy Macaroni With Chicken
- Remove the bones from the chicken thighs
- Add chopped tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and the chicken to a non-stick pan and cook at medium-high for 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes start looking like sauce
- Add some water (about 1/4 cup), dill, a pinch of salt and the macaroni. These should be covered with the sauce to cook properly, add a little more water if needed.
- Cook until the macaroni is cooked and stir in the mozzarella cheese.
- Let the cheese melt and serve immediately!
And that’s it! Pretty easy, super quick, not too many dishes to wash and super yummy.
I hope you enjoy this macaroni or pasta recipe as well, make sure to leave a comment if you do have any questions or some feedback if you make this – I’d love to know!
One-pan easy macaroni with chicken in fresh tomato mozzarella sauce! This is a 10-minute delicious healthy dinner that even picky eaters will love!
- 1/3 cup macaroni
- rotisserie chicken, 2 thighs
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 strings dill, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Remove the bones from the chicken thighs.
- Place the chicken, chopped tomatoes, olive oil and minced garlic in a non-stick pan and cook at medium-high for 3-4 minutes until it starts look like a tomato sauce.
- Add a little bit of water (about 1/4 cup), pinch some salt, stir in the macaroni (I used a brand that cooks in 3 minutes) and dill. The macaroni should be just covered, but not drowning in the sauce to cook properly.
- Cook until the macaroni is ready, then stir in the mozzarella.
- Let the mozzarella melt, making a cheesy tomato sauce.
- Serve immediately!
You Might Also Like