Mediterranean Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe with tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese! This healthy quesadilla recipe is easy and quick, simply flavored, yet delicious for breakfast or lunch.
This is one of those meals I could eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or whenever I’m bored or have a lot of computer work to do, I would definitely make this.
How To Make Mediterranean Breakfast Quesadillas
There’s probably nothing Mediterranean about quesadillas, but let’s just go with it, because I used basil and mozzarella here.
To make a basic breakfast quesadilla you need 3 things: a tortilla, some scrambled eggs and cheese.
To make that quesadilla Mediterranean, you just slap a few leaves of basil, tomato slices and mozzarella on it…Or, if you wanna go to Greece – add some olives and feta cheese.
Once you’ve gotten over that decision fatigue and filled your tortilla with everything you have in your fridge, fold that tortilla in half and toast it on both sides in a pan.
Slice and inhale as soon as possible.
Simple and super delicious meal that is perfect for breakfast or lunch.
If you decide this recipe is a bit too simple for you, you can always overcomplicate it and get a great result too, here’s how:
- add a tsp of green pesto (oh yes, please do it!)
- add in some garlic and green onions (it’s breakfast, but who cares?)
- use some other cheese like Manchego or Parmesan
- add olives, beans or chickpeas
- add other vegetables like spinach, roasted peppers or broccoli.
I hope you like this quesadilla as much as my family and I do, here’s the recipe.
Mediterranean Breakfast Quesadilla – this easy healthy breakfast recipe with eggs, cheese and vegetables is simple, yet very tasty and ready in 10 minutes.
- 2 eggs, cooked, scrambled
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 tomato, slices
- basil, handful
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scramble the eggs, but do not overcook them. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the eggs on 1/2 of a tortilla.
- Top with basil, sliced tomato and mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the tortilla and toast in an oiled pan on both sides until golden brown.
- Slice and serve immediately or eat on the go.